The Eye Gallery is hiring for an Optometric Technician.
We are a full-service optometry facility in Northeast Wichita featuring a fashion eyewear boutique.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a motivated, caring individual to add to our team. Our next team member must possess the following qualities:
- Excellent time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Multitasking skills
- Good communication
- Desire to grow in the field
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
This team member will be responsible for gathering medical data about each patient for the doctor and will be patient-facing.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Performing medical imaging on patients for the doctor as ordered
- Attaining complete medical histories, including current complaints, medications, allergies, and family history
- Serving as a scribe, recording pertinent data during the exam
- Teaching patients how to insert and remove contact lenses
- Assisting the doctor with complex specialized contact lens fittings
- Scanning and filing of medical records as needed
- Other office duties as needed, like answering phones, scheduling appointments, and selling contact lenses
Compensation & Benefits
$14.00 – $16.00 per hour to start
- Employee discounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Inclusion in Team Profit Sharing program
- A team culture that focuses on positivity and individual growth
This position is 5 days/week. Our office is not open on weekends. We offer 5 paid vacation days during the first year of employment, as well as 8 paid holidays. Optometric experience is preferred, but we may be willing to train an exceptional applicant who is motivated to learn our industry.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: